cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

port 25 redirect setup

petera
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup a port 25 redirect to an internal IP address. I have a pix firewall version 6.3 and I only want to redirect incoming email traffic on port 25 to an internal IP address located on my spam firewall. Does anyone have an idea on how I may accomplish this task?

7 Replies 7

kevin.jones1
Level 1
Level 1

static (inside,outside) tcp interface 25 10.1.1.1 25 netmask 255.255.255.255

access-list External permit tcp any host outside_interface_ip eq 25 log

access-group External in interface outside

Easy right?

Looks easy enough, however I am not too familiar with the command syntax with the pix firewall... I assume I type in each line as you have it above one line at a time? How would I un-do this if it did not work properly? Where do I insert the IP address which I want the incoming SMTP traffic to go to? Is there a way to set this up using the web interface and not the command prompt?

Peter,

you could do a no in front of those commands to remove them. There is a GUI interface if you like it -- PDM I think...

Satya

access-list External permit tcp any host outside_interface_"ip" eq 25 log

is "ip" where i put the internal ip address i want the smtp traffic to go to?

No, it is the ip that you are using to hit from the outside. If you are using the ip off the outside interface then you can do

access-list External permit tcp any host "outside_interface_ip" eq 25

or

access-list External permit tcp any host interface outside eq 25

static (inside,outside) tcp interface 25 10.1.1.1 25 netmask 255.255.255.255

so where do i enter the internal ip address which i want to forward the smtp traffic to then?

I assume it is in this line above somewhere?

do i replace the 10.1.1.1 with my ip address of my spam firewall?

Yes.

static (inside,outside) tcp interface 25 "spam.firewall.ip" 25 netmask 255.255.255.255

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card