Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Application Mapping

I have a need on Cisco 2800 router IOS 12.4 (15) to map  an Remote desktop session to a different port number on a server.

A public ip address say 1.1.1.1 is static natted to an inside server at 2.2.2.2

A user on the outside will try to make a connection to 1.1.1.1 on standard RDP  port 3389. 

from my research, it appears I would need to do a command such as ip port-map. That uses a system default table of applications and their port numbers. Unfortunately RDP or its alternate name does not appear to be listed, nor the port number 3389. There is an option to create a user defined  application and port number but I have tried that (see below) with no success

access-list 1 permit ip 2.2.2.2

ip port-map tcp user-rdp 2.2.2.2 4000 list 1

any ideas how I can change a port number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

You don't need any port-map.

You don't need any port-map. All you have to do is adjust your NAT-statement. It has to look like the following. With that a connection to 1.1.1.1 on port 3389 will land on the inside server 2.2.2.2 on port 33389.

ip nat inside source static tcp 2.2.2.2 33389 1.1.1.1 3389

--
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor: http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni
2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

You don't need any port-map.

You don't need any port-map. All you have to do is adjust your NAT-statement. It has to look like the following. With that a connection to 1.1.1.1 on port 3389 will land on the inside server 2.2.2.2 on port 33389.

ip nat inside source static tcp 2.2.2.2 33389 1.1.1.1 3389

--
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor: http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

perfect, thanks Karsten

perfect, thanks Karsten

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content