Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Port Forwarding

Just getting started with our new Cisco ASA 5510. On our SonicWall TZ170, I could set port forwarding to say, port 8181 goes to a specific IP that's a Windows 2003 Server, and it would work. I've got the same setup in Cisco, but it is not working. I should say

that port forwarding for our email program, MDaemon, is working fine, as well as for our HP-UX box and Linux based WebServer. But going to a Windows Server running SQL 2005 is not. We've even gone to the Windows Server and opened up a port in the firewall, but to no avail. I was getting a SYN Timeout error yesterday. Today, after a change or 2, I'm now getting a TCP Reset-l when trying to access the port via a web browser outside of the company. Is there something on the Windows Server I need to change, or is there still not something set right in the Cisco ASA?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Port Forwarding

on what port is the communication taking place..?

Re: Port Forwarding

Can you explain in detail what ports are you forwarding?

Have you explicitly allowed that port in incoming ACL applied on Outside interface?

Also, a good idea would be to post the config or a part of it to have a good idea of what you are doing?

Views
Helpful
Replies