Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Power enable SSM module

I have shutdown the ASA SSM module with

hw-module module 1 shutdown

How can I power it on again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: Power enable SSM module

Hardware reset means the ASA SSM module will actually reboot itself rather than just reload the software.

You can't use "hw-module module 1 reload" because the SSM module needs to be up for this command to take effect. As you have shut the module down it won't respond to the reload option.

A reset does not set the config back to default or anything. What a reset does is simply a shutdown followed by a restart.

Jon

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

But this would perform a hardware reset. I am not sure what all is included in the hardware reset, probably configuration or license loss.

I just need a reboot/power on command.

Hall of Fame Super Blue

Hardware reset means the ASA SSM module will actually reboot itself rather than just reload the software.

You can't use "hw-module module 1 reload" because the SSM module needs to be up for this command to take effect. As you have shut the module down it won't respond to the reload option.

A reset does not set the config back to default or anything. What a reset does is simply a shutdown followed by a restart.

Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies