cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

protocol removal from inspection

suthomas1
Level 6
Level 6

we see sunrpc & imap being present under inspect policy-map in a cisco zone based firewall.

Attempts to remove both these from the policy doesnt succeed. I have used following methods for removal -

RtrBr(config-pmap)#class type inspect Lan-to-internet

no service-policy sunrpc

no service-policy imap

After this, when output of policy-map type inspect for this policy is seen, both these protocols among others are still seen under inspection list.

Why does this not get removed completely by above steps. Any other recommendations to achieve it.

Also if it still remains in place, how can we view if it indeed is doing the inspection, any dropped packets or so?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I believe the command is

sh policy-map type inspect zone-pair sessions

or

I am just typing it you may want to question mark it and complete the command.

-KS

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you pls. copy and paste the output of

sh run | s zone

sh run policy-map

sh run class-map

To remove the inspections you should go under the policy and then under the class and issue "no inspect sunrc" and "no insect imap".

Thanks,

KS

Thanks. I see that the no inspect has to be used under the policy for removal.I will have it used this way.

Unfortunately i dont have visibility on this device and part of this config was given by another business subsidary.

is there any command to verify that protocol inspection for rest of remaining protocols are still happening.

I recall having seen some {process switch: fast switch} packets besides each protocol, using show policy-map type inspect

what does those stand for.

I believe the command is

or

I am just typing it you may want to question mark it and complete the command.

-KS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card