Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

QOS on Cisco ASA

I have a site to site vpn with 2 cisco ASA both with a 10m conecction at both sites.

site a has a backup server on 10.0.0.19

site b has a subnet of 10.200.0.0

When the backup server on site A startup backing up devices on site B it uses all of the bandwidth.

Is there a way i can limit to to only using say 8 out of 10

I have tried adding a service policy group on the inside interface on the 10.0.0.0 network and used access list to do it but not working.

any help would be great.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Green

QOS on Cisco ASA

Do you require any more assistance with this?

Please rate any helpful posts.

--

Please remember to rate and select a correct answer
3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

QOS on Cisco ASA

You could configure a incoming policing action on the inside interface. With that you tell that ASA that particular trafic (defined by an ACL) that is using more than XX bandwidth should be dropped. More or less that's all you can do with the limited QoS capabilities of the ASA.

So I would address that problem on the Server-side. Every good backup-software has a function to limit the used bandwidth to a configured rate. If you configure it there, the server doesn't send to much traffic and it's less likely that traffic has to be dropped in transit.

--
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

--
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor: http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni
VIP Green

QOS on Cisco ASA

In addition to what Karsten said, if you are running the ASA in multiple context mode QoS is not supported.

--

VIP Green

QOS on Cisco ASA

Do you require any more assistance with this?

Please rate any helpful posts.

--

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content