Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about ASA

050878james
Level 1
Level 1

Hello !!

We have just updated our ASA 5520 from version 7.2 to the latest version 8.0.2 and than we got a problem which is :

Before when we used the asa version 7.2 we was able to connect to the WebVPN from outside, and than run the ASDM from that connected PC. But after asa upgrade to the latest version 8.0.2 we got a problem, we can still log on to network via WebVPN it is working just fine, but the problem now is that we can not access the ASDM from the PC which is connected to the WebVPN, so now we need to connect to the network and access one of our internal Terminal servers, so than run the ASDM from that server. Little longer way to go, so is there someone who had a same problem ??

This happens after upgrade from 7.2 to 8.0.2 versions.

Thank You !!

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

did you upgraded asdm as well, code 8.0 needs asdm-602.

version combinations:

code<->asdm

7.0 -->5.0

7.1 -->5.1

7.2 -->5.2

8.0 -->6.0

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Hello !! Thank You for reply !!

Sure, I did it ofcourse, therfore I am not sure where the problem is.

Cheers

pateld
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently upgrade my ASA 5540 with 8.0.2 version and same issue. Could be a bug? I haven't open a tech case yet, if I do will let you know.

Hello !!

Well I was looking for solution about this problem but without success. So my personal mean is that this is a bug can`t be another explanation. Actually I found 2 bugs in this latest ASA os, but I don`t have the links or email contacts with Cisco where I can repport it. Do You know some links where the Cisco bugs can be reported ??

2 of the bugs I found is:

1. this about access ASDM when connected to VPN as my questions above

2. is JAVA, when we add the RDP Plug-In in the ASA, and than we add the link for our RDP server connection so that our users can connect to the RDP Terminal server without to need connect with AnyConnect, than java windows opens, but that window is so small and impossible to resize, so it is not possible to use it :(. Java opens maybe first time with correct size, but another times the window is so small and impossible to resize. EVEN if I used the link as below :

10.48.24.10/?geometry=1024x786&bpp=16

This was another BUG I am almost 100 % sure that these things are bugs.

So please let me know where I can post the bug`s and suggestions for Cisco, because I have a lot of great suggestions in my head, which will help us all.

If You will post these bugs so it is ok for me just let me know, so I don`t report it if You already reported it.

Thank You very much !!

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card