cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about configuring a ASA 5510

southpaw34
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of setting up our 5510 to replace our current SonicWall at my place of work.  When looking at our SonicWall config I noticed that the IP addresses we have setup for our phone vendor to access the PBX systems at our various sites are set up with a begining IP range and end range which are static.  These addresses go any where from 2 to 5 addresses and when you configure them through the SonicWall it lets you set a begining range and ending range.  Looking through the ASDM console I dont see away to define a range of static addresses for servers.  Do I need to enter in every PBX seperatly or is there a way to define a range like 192.xxx.xxx.200 through 192.xxx.xxx.205.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

southpaw34 wrote:

I am in the process of setting up our 5510 to replace our current SonicWall at my place of work.  When looking at our SonicWall config I noticed that the IP addresses we have setup for our phone vendor to access the PBX systems at our various sites are set up with a begining IP range and end range which are static.  These addresses go any where from 2 to 5 addresses and when you configure them through the SonicWall it lets you set a begining range and ending range.  Looking through the ASDM console I dont see away to define a range of static addresses for servers.  Do I need to enter in every PBX seperatly or is there a way to define a range like 192.xxx.xxx.200 through 192.xxx.xxx.205.

You can use object-groups but it does depends on whether you can summarise the range eg.

object-group network PBX

network-object 192.xx.xx.200 255.255.255.252

network-object host 192.xx.xx.205

would cover 192.xx.xx.200 -> 205

then in an acl you would refer to it as -

access-list outside_in permit tcp object-group PBX eq

Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

southpaw34 wrote:

You can use object-groups but it does depends on whether you can summarise the range eg.

object-group network PBX

network-object 192.xx.xx.200 255.255.255.252

network-object host 192.xx.xx.205

would cover 192.xx.xx.200 -> 205

then in an acl you would refer to it as -

access-list outside_in permit tcp object-group PBX eq

Jon

Thanks Jon, I was actually just looking into that and thought that was the way it sh

ould be done.

So if I had multiple PBX's I would create object groups then

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card