cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about ZBFW in transparent mode and zones...

emgalanme
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have a router with 3 interfaces. I have 2 interfaces of this router configured in bridged mode, and the other in L3,  i have then 2 security zones (inside and outside).

My outside zone is one of my bridged interfaces and my inside zone is formed by the other bridge interface and the  L3 interface.

Is this a supported configuration? Will the flows work as i want when combining L3 and L2 interfaces in the policy.

ZBF applied separately as inside-outside sone between only  mi bridged interfaces works fine, but is not working when combining L3 and bridged interfaces in the equation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Emilio

2 Replies 2

I seriously doubt that it would be a good configuration. Why have a two bridged interfaces and them not in the same zone?

I think you have to have the "zone member WORD" interface command on the bridged interface and that already causes problems for you.

Please configure all so they are seperate L3 interfaces, you are giving me a headache

Hello Henrik,

thanks for the response

Yeah, i swear i will never config this in real life,  for me its just a matter of saying "it does work or it doesnt"  its just a training lab scenario which i saw for ccie , but i dont think its possible.

Thanks!

emilio

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card