cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on Botnet License

ncfb-awarsame
Level 1
Level 1

I bought one botnet lincense and I have 2 ASAs in failover setup,  Do I need another lincense for the standby ASA?   can I use the one license I have on the primary ASA  without affecting Failover configuration?

thanks for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have ASA 8.3(1) or later software on your failover pair, the botnet license (and other premium licenses) can be shared. Prior to 8.3(1) you needed the license on both systems.

Reference here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have ASA 8.3(1) or later software on your failover pair, the botnet license (and other premium licenses) can be shared. Prior to 8.3(1) you needed the license on both systems.

Reference here.

Thank you Marvin.  I have  two ASA 5540 with 8.2 code.  TAC told me I can use the one botnet license I got  on the active box and it won't impact the failover setup.   In reality, we haven't had not a reason to failover on the standby box and it has been on standby for years. My plan has been to add botnet license on active box and enable it.

But based your comment above, I can just upgrade to 8.3 and botnet license will be shared, right?

Ahmed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card