Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)

Radius privilege levels

Hi I am struggling with getting my Cisco ASA to enforce privilege levels to users that authenticate to ASDM via Radius.

I am sending back the Priv-lvl=5 attribute but all users connecting to ASDM get level 15 no matter what?

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Radius privilege levels

Do you have :

aaa authentication http console LOCAL

LOCAL is needed if you want a fallback authentication in case radius server is unavailable.

Do rate helpful posts.

Regards,

Sushil

i already have aaa authentication http console LOCAL set

the problem is that every authenticated users gets priv 15

Cisco Employee

You can use following commands to set privilege level of specific commands. Next, if you create a username with-

-> 3 = Privilege < 5 : Can only “monitor” the device or can only run commands set at privilege level 3 (Refer commands below).

-> 5 = Privilege < 15 : Can only “see configuration settings”, refer to additional commands at level 5 below.

-> Privilege = 15 : Complete access to the device.

Note: Privielge level of all other commands not mentioned below are by default at privilege 15, exception are commands like “help”.

CHECK IF THE COMMAND BELOW IS PRESENT :

aaa authorization command

( MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN ALTERNATE SESSION OPEN WHILE YOU SET AUTHORIZATION FOR COMMANDS TO AVOID A LOCKOUT.

Regards,

Sushil

i know how to do this with local usernames, the problem is using RADIUS for authentication....

the Cisco AV Pair Priv-Lvl command doesn't seem to work or be adhered to by ASDM?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content