Views
Helpful
Replies

Reason 433

gpangallo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a problem about VPN connection on FW. The VPN client receives a message that sais: " Secure VPN Connection terminated by peer Reason 433: (reason not specified by peer)".

Could anyone help me?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Giuseppe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Most of the times we see this error message when client is unable to get an ip address from the firewall/DHCP/external AAA server.

Please check if you have address-pool defined under the tunnel-group or group-policy.

In order to define address-pool, please visit the below listed doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa70/configuration/guide/vpnadd.html

If the above suggestion doesn't work for you. Please provide us with current configuration, and following debugs,

debug crypto isa 127

debug crypto ipsec 127

debug aaa authentication

debug aaa common 127

HTH

JK

Plz rate the helpful posts-

~Jatin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Most of the times we see this error message when client is unable to get an ip address from the firewall/DHCP/external AAA server.

Please check if you have address-pool defined under the tunnel-group or group-policy.

In order to define address-pool, please visit the below listed doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa70/configuration/guide/vpnadd.html

If the above suggestion doesn't work for you. Please provide us with current configuration, and following debugs,

debug crypto isa 127

debug crypto ipsec 127

debug aaa authentication

debug aaa common 127

HTH

JK

Plz rate the helpful posts-

~Jatin

Hi JK,

thank you for your answer. I have another doubt because viewing the FW configuration I noticed that there isn't configured the vpn-addr-assign command but the vpn group is defined in "tunnel-group mygroup general-attributes" and moreover there is also the authentication toward the Radius server with the command "authentication-server-group myradius" .

Maybe could it be this misconfiguration?

It could be the user credentials corruption on Radius Server,isn't it?

Let me know, please.

Best regards,

Giuseppe

Gareth Gudger
Level 1
Level 1

In my particular case it was all my users were getting error 433. It turned out to be the AAA authentication server settings on the firewall. I was authenticating against a Microsoft LDAP server. I think the Logon DN path had some characters Cisco couldn't comprehend. Here is how I fixed it.

http://supertekboy.com/2014/01/23/cisco-vpn-reason-433-reason-not-specified-by-peer/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card