Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Reassembly limit exceeded

After upgrading a PIX 515 of ours from 7.2 to 8.0 an issue was discovered where large SQL transfers were being dropped.

Troubleshooting the issue I discovered errors in the logs reporting connections on port 1521 (SQLNET) between the servers in question saying "reassembly limit of 8192bytes exceeded"

I found this page relating to the error:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00807c35e7.shtml

And so I disabled SQLNET inspection by using:

policy-map global_policy

class inspection_default

no inspect sqlnet

This corrected the issue however I don't think this is ideal.

Also after doing a line-diff comparison of the config prior to upgrade I realised that SQLNET was being inspected before, so the upgrade has somehow changed something there.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY

Re: Reassembly limit exceeded

Explanation: This message displays when the reassembly buffer limit is exceeded during assembling TCP segments.

source_address/source_port - The source IP address and the source port of the packet initiating the connection.

dest_address/dest_port - The destination IP address and the destination port of the packet initiating the connection.

interface_inside - The name of the interface on which the packet which initiated the connection arrives.

interface_outside - The name of the interface on which the packet which initiated the connection exits.

limit - The configured embryonic connection limit for the traffic class.

The resolution for this issue is to disable the RTSP inspection in the security appliance as shown.

policy-map global_policy

class inspection_default

inspect dns migrated_dns_map_1

inspect ftp

inspect h323 h225

inspect h323 ras

inspect rsh

no inspect rtsp

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content