cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recovery privilege mode password for Cisco PIX 515E

borisloong
Level 1
Level 1

I losed PIX 515E password and I want to do a action by the following recovery password procedure from Cisco official web site -http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_password_recovery09186a008009478b.shtml

I have a few question to trouble all,

1. I didn't know our PIX firewall software version, how to get it from PIX firewall, is monitor mode can type sh ver ? or when reload PIX, is startup message can show software version

Thanks all.

6 Replies 6

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

hi Boris, if you console to the pix you should be able to retreave the running version code without going to the privilege mode.

515EPIX>show version

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks Jorge, you mean type show version in monitor mon>

I am not sure when I connected to PIX firewall by console cable, it show input password screen, I cannot type show version

so when you connect to pix console port using heypertermimal you get a enter password prompt ? if so then console access is password.. please confirm if this is the case .. and we'll seak a different plan to get the code version on your pix.

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I think there is also DIE command works.

That can help you see whole IOS name.

Regards,

Dharmesh Putohit

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

SORRY FOR MY EARLIER POST MISTAKE it is DIR command.

regards,

Dharmesh

Hi Boris,

I cannot recall if by rebooting you will see the code, it is possible you can, however I believe if you reboot and brake the boot sequence into rommon> you will be able to issue DIR command as Dharmesh indicated to see flash directory files.

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: