Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Reg:software Version

Hi team,

In my office we have active and passive ASA 5540 with version 8.2(5).Now I plan to purchase anyconnect license. In the document, they clearly mentioned version 8.3 and above, we need to purchase one license passive will automatically sink.in my case I need to purchase two license. In my firewall have smartnet support, If I want upgrade the version 8.2(5) to 8.3.How I do this one? How I get the version? what is the to upload into my ASA?  

1 REPLY
Silver

Hi kabeer.ece07,  If to have

Hi kabeer.ece07

If to have a smartnet contract I recommend you to open a case with TAC. 

Just go to cisco.com  ---> support -- > open or view cases  and open a new case  , or call the customer service :

1 800 553 2447
1 408 526 7209

Anyway answering  your question: 

In order to upgrade your ASA you have to download the new version from Cisco.com 

**Go to Cisco.com ---> support --- Downloads and search the version you need .

After that you need to transfer the software to the ASA , It could be done from a TFTP server or via ASDM.

Once you have the file into the ASA go to the config mode and type the following commands :

Boot system flash:name of the image 

Write memory

Reboot

After reboot you can check the version with the "Show version" command

Also check this link:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/data-center/five-steps-to-upgrading-the-software-on-a-cisco-asa-5510/

Hope this help.

Views
Helpful
Replies