cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding VPN SAs in case of Easy VPN

palsukh2002
Level 1
Level 1

Suppose I am using VPN software client OR PIX Firewall VPN client to establish VPN tunnel with Easy VPN server:-

1. In Message 1 the VPN client(software VPN client or PIX VPN client) will initiate Phase-1 prposals(like Encryption algorithm,hash algorithm),the VPN server will reply to this with the configured parameters in VPN server.

2.Then VPN server will ask for username and Password to the VPN client and once VPN client provides username and password ,the Phase-1 is over--Am I right?

3.Then Phase-2 will start and once Phase-2 is over ,The policies will get pushed to the VPN client(which includes IP address for VPN client and the access-lists related to the access for VPN client).

4.Now the data will start flowing on the VPN tunnel.

But My question is that from where we get the keys used for encryption of data after Phase-2 is over.And are we using any Pre shared keys in case of Easy VPN setup.

Because while setting up Client to site VPNs in checkpoint I have never used any Pre shared keys.

3.Then

1 Reply 1

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Read the below link - this has all the information you need:-

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2401.txt

HTH>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card