cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

reload FWSM?

ksvy_ksvy
Level 1
Level 1

I want to create another transparent security context in the my company's FWSM.

There are already several other security contexts created: 4 - routed & 1 - transparent

recently, we re-partitioned from the default 12 memory partitions to 5 memory partitions

I just want to create a new transparent security context ... that shouldn't require a FWSM reload, should it?

thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kevin

Creating a new context does not require a reload but be aware that if you have only 5 memory partitions created and all 5 have been allocated a context then your new context will have to share a memory context with an existing partition.

Jon

View solution in original post

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kevin,

There is no need to reload the FWSM when you create the context in multiple context mode.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kevin

Creating a new context does not require a reload but be aware that if you have only 5 memory partitions created and all 5 have been allocated a context then your new context will have to share a memory context with an existing partition.

Jon

true, two of the larger ACL'ed contexts have their own memory partition, and the remaining are smaller ones will be sharing memory partitions

cool, thanks

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kevin,

There is no need to reload the FWSM when you create the context in multiple context mode.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: