Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

reload FWSM?

I want to create another transparent security context in the my company's FWSM.

There are already several other security contexts created: 4 - routed & 1 - transparent

recently, we re-partitioned from the default 12 memory partitions to 5 memory partitions

I just want to create a new transparent security context ... that shouldn't require a FWSM reload, should it?

thanks,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: reload FWSM?

Kevin

Creating a new context does not require a reload but be aware that if you have only 5 memory partitions created and all 5 have been allocated a context then your new context will have to share a memory context with an existing partition.

Jon

Cisco Employee

Hello Kevin,

There is no need to reload the FWSM when you create the context in multiple context mode.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Kevin

Creating a new context does not require a reload but be aware that if you have only 5 memory partitions created and all 5 have been allocated a context then your new context will have to share a memory context with an existing partition.

Jon

Community Member

true, two of the larger ACL'ed contexts have their own memory partition, and the remaining are smaller ones will be sharing memory partitions

cool, thanks

Cisco Employee

Hello Kevin,

There is no need to reload the FWSM when you create the context in multiple context mode.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content