Remote Access VPN creation in PIX 515E Version 6.3(5)
I want to create a remote access VPN connection for a partner to our company IT resources. I have a failover system PIX 515E with 6.3(5) OS. PIX outside interface has RFC 1918 IP Address and is connected to a router witch in turn is connected to our ISP through Leased Line. PIX have also an available DMZ interface with RFC1918 IP address configured.
1. Can I configure IKE with ISAKMP enable on this DMZ interface to terminate the VPN remote connections? If no why? I have available public IP Address for static NAT with either outside or DMZ interface.
2. How can I control the traffic from the remote users to my internal network in PIX firewall? Can I use a kind of Access list somewhere?
3. What version of VPN software client I can use with Version 6.3(5) OS?
4. Can I preconfigured in any way the VPN software client with specific settings and give it to our customer locked and ready to use it?
5. Finally can I force the VPN software client to not allow concurrent internet access and VPN traffic from remote PC with this OS version?
BenefitsDocumentationPrerequisiteImage Download LinksLimitationsSupported PlatformsLicense RequirementsTopologyStep-By-Step ConfigurationConfigure Virtual ServiceActivate the virtual service and configure guest IPsConfiguring UTD (Service Plane)Configurin...
Login to the FXOS chassis manager.
Direct your browser to https://hostname/, and log-in using the user-name and password.
Go to Help > About and check the current version:
Check the current version availa...
We have configured the outside and inside Interface with official ipv6 adresses, set a default route on outside Interface to our router, we also have definied a rule , which also gets hits, to permit tcp from inside Interface to any6.
In Syslog I also se...