Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote VPN Configuration on 2800 series router

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I m configuring Remote access vpn for mobile users who will access the corporate from home,

i have attached the  crypto map ABC on the serial interface of the router which is facing to ISP,  So while configuring VPN client on the users laptop in Host field i have to mentioned serial interface IP ???? please correct if i m wrong ??

Thnaks,

Message was edited by: adamgibs7

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

adamgibs7 wrote:

Hi,

I m configuring Remote access vpn for mobile users who will access the corporate from home,

i have attached the  crypto map ABC on the serial interface of the router which is facing to ISP,  So while configuring VPN client on the users laptop in Host field i have to mentioned serial interface IP ???? please correct if i m wrong ??

Thnaks,

Adam

Correct, the host field in the VPN client references the IP address of the VPN peer on which the crypto map has been applied.

Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

adamgibs7 wrote:

Hi,

Thnaks,

Adam

Correct, the host field in the VPN client references the IP address of the VPN peer on which the crypto map has been applied.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card