Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Remotely accessing admin context on transparent mode ASAs

Hi,

I'm taking over admin of an active/standby pair of ASAs running 7.2(3) with two contexts running in transparent mode.

Apparently there is no admin context configured on there. I need to remotely access system execution space so will need the admin context configured with a management IP.

I'm unsure on a couple of things here, like whether I can use a router-on-a-stick type config and just assign the admin context an IP address on the Outside or whether I need to allocate the inside and outside Vlans and create a BVI?

E.g can I create the admin context from system, assign it the outside interface eth0, then use something like:

interface eth0

nameif outside

security-level 0

ip address 1.1.1.254 255.255.255.0

no shut

!

route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.1

!

ssh my_remote_ip 255.255.255.255 Outside

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

George

1 REPLY

Re: Remotely accessing admin context on transparent mode ASAs

In transparent mode, you don't need configure IP address under interface. (Actually, you can not configure it). You can configure a management IP in global config mode by using "ip address" command directly.

Refer to "IP address" command reference.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/command/reference/i3_72.html#wp1727045

Views
Helpful
Replies