Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing Vlan from ASA

mahesh18
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Everyone,

I need to remove vlan 20 from ASA 5520 which is in Active/Standby Mode.

Currently config from Active ASA

interface GigabitEthernet0/0.3
description Visitor 
 vlan 20
 nameif dmz_visitor
 security-level 4
 ip address 192.168.50.1 255.255.255.0 standby 192.168.50.2

Regards

MAhesh

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mahesh,

Normally we would remove the complete subinterface (gi0/0.3 in your example) from global configuration mode:

no int gi0/0.3

The interface mode command "vlan 20" would not normally be removed but if you instead want to change it, just entering a new "vlan __" command (in interface configuration mode) will replace the existing one.

View solution in original post

I did not mean it has "interface vlan 20" but rather that "vlan 20" is a command that is only valid when in (sub)interface configuration mode

In any case - that's correct: just remove the subinterface which includes the "vlan 20" command within it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mahesh,

Normally we would remove the complete subinterface (gi0/0.3 in your example) from global configuration mode:

no int gi0/0.3

The interface mode command "vlan 20" would not normally be removed but if you instead want to change it, just entering a new "vlan __" command (in interface configuration mode) will replace the existing one.

Hi MArvin,

ASA is 5520 so it does not have int vlan 20.

Seems no int gi0/0.3 should remove everything including vlan 20 right?

Regards

MAhesh

I did not mean it has "interface vlan 20" but rather that "vlan 20" is a command that is only valid when in (sub)interface configuration mode

In any case - that's correct: just remove the subinterface which includes the "vlan 20" command within it.

Many thanks Marvin.

Best Regards

MAhesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card