Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Replacing the IPS module with a 4 port module

I am replacing the IPS module that is currently in my 5520 and was looking for some confirmation that there is nothing I've overlooked. The one area I am not certain on is whether I need to run a hw-module module 1 reset command at some point.

Here is what I have planned:

1.     Disable the service policy

2.     Run the command:  hw-module module 1 shutdown

3.     Power down the ASA

4.     Replace the IPS module with the new 4 port module

5.     Power on the ASA

Will the ASA recognise the new module and simply bring it up, or are their steps I've forgotten? It has been a long time since I installed the IPS module and can not remember if there was anything else.

Appreciate any input. Thanks.

Steve Green

• Firewalling
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

That should cover it.

Assuming you're adding a 4GE-SSM, the 5520 should automatically recognize it at bootup during the power-on self test (POST). Once the software finishes loading, you should now have the additional interfaces available to configure.

Installation Guide.

3 REPLIES

That should cover it.

Assuming you're adding a 4GE-SSM, the 5520 should automatically recognize it at bootup during the power-on self test (POST). Once the software finishes loading, you should now have the additional interfaces available to configure.

Installation Guide.

Yes, the module is the 4GE-SSM, I figured it was that easy, just wanted to make sure........thank you for the response.

You're welcome.

Please mark your question as answered and rate helpful responses.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.