Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

Restricting Remote Access VPN

Hello,

How can i limit Remote Access VPN users, only to a pariticular ip address in may inside network, say 10.10.10.1

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: Restricting Remote Access VPN

If you have an ASA you can simply create a new ACL defining the single inside host to communicate to the network/pool used for the Client VPN users.

You can apply the vpn-filter to the group-policy however doing so all users using that group-policy will inherit that vpn-filter and be restricted to the traffic you have defined within the filter ACL.

If you wish to restrict access for a specific user you can apply that same vpn-filter for that specific user within the user attributes. This filter would not affect connectivity for all of the users connecting to the same group-policy only the user bound to the filter.

7 REPLIES

You have multiple options:-

1) Write an ACL that is applied to the VPN client.

2) Allow them all access - and write an acl to be applied to the outbound direction of your inside interface

3) Write an ACL for that 1 device and configure is for split tunneling.

4) Assign a dynamic ACL upon connection (this requires an ACS)

HTH>

Community Member

You can also try using a vpn-filter which you apply to the group policy. hth

Community Member

Could you please give some examples to do the same...

Thank You.

Community Member

If you have an ASA you can simply create a new ACL defining the single inside host to communicate to the network/pool used for the Client VPN users.

You can apply the vpn-filter to the group-policy however doing so all users using that group-policy will inherit that vpn-filter and be restricted to the traffic you have defined within the filter ACL.

If you wish to restrict access for a specific user you can apply that same vpn-filter for that specific user within the user attributes. This filter would not affect connectivity for all of the users connecting to the same group-policy only the user bound to the filter.

Community Member

Thank you very much jason, i will go for the first option, that will do magic for me..........

Thakns for all who responded on ma query...

Regards,

Shijo.

Community Member

Hi,

I have configured Remote VPN on outside interface for outside users. Now I want to allow only few IP's to access the Remote VPN so for this, what configuration is required. Pls expain an example if possible.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content