cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Revert ASDM on ASA 5505 unit

mikros
Level 1
Level 1

I needed to upgrade my ASDM and ASA software on my firewall so I could access it via my Vista machine. I talked with a Cisco Tech and he pointed me to a could of links to down load 602 ASDM and 802 ASA bin files.

I did the ASDM first uploaded the bin file and configured it and the instrucstion said to log out and log back in. So I did that when I logged in it asked if I wanted to install the new software client which I did. I believe I should of done that because now when I login I get the following error. "Your ASA Image has a version number 7.2(2) which is not supported by ASDM 6.0(2). Please use Device Mgr 5.2(x)".

So my quesion is I've logged in via the console and the old ASDM image is still there so how can I put the old ASDM image back or install the ASA 8.02 image which I don't have on the unit yet.

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hsajwan
Level 1
Level 1

Use this command:

asdm image flash:/asdm-522.bin

wr mem

The above command will tell ASA that it needs to use the ASDM image 5.2.2. Replace the filename if you have a different version of ASDM.

If you still face issues, run the command "show version" and check the second line of output to see which ASDM version does it show.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

hsajwan
Level 1
Level 1

Use this command:

asdm image flash:/asdm-522.bin

wr mem

The above command will tell ASA that it needs to use the ASDM image 5.2.2. Replace the filename if you have a different version of ASDM.

If you still face issues, run the command "show version" and check the second line of output to see which ASDM version does it show.

when I type asdm image flash:/asdm-522.bin I get an error invalid character.

Were you in the configuration mode when entering that command. Enter "config t" before you enter that command.

Thanks that worked great.

You can rate it if you found it of any help :-)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card