Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

route maps

hi,

anyone knows why policy routing to a next hop ip address is not supported in asa ? will it be soon ? (i can only use route map with ospf metrics, there is no ip next hop command)

Thank you

5 REPLIES

Re: route maps

anyone ?

Route-maps on ASA are only for redistributing ospf routes between ospf processes. PBR as we see in IOS is not available in ASA.

Syed

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Joseph

I believe that Syed is on the right track with his response. A router is a device that does mostly routing and some firewall functions. An ASA is a device that does nostly firewall functions and some routing.

Policy Based Routing with route maps is a routing function. To get that routing function you need a router. I doubt that the ASA will go so far in its routing function to ever support PBR.

HTH

Rick

Thanks for your input. I have a problem.

ASA -----link1 ------ASA2

-----link2 ------ASA2

My ASA has two interfaces/links to ASA2 at site B. I want to route particular traffic on each link. How can I do that?

Super Bronze

route maps

Whoa,

A pretty old thread this one.

To my understanding ASAs are getting PBR feature in one of the future updates to the software.

I would wait until that feature becomes available. Otherwise I would leave PBR for actual routers and keep the firewall configurations as simple as possible.

I guess there are some tricks you can do with NAT but I have never really gone deep into such setup (other than to simply test it briefly)

- Jouni

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content