cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scaling VSG for a tenant

JCcisco123
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how having two VSGs servicing a single tenant affects the “Host Scalability” of 12 VEMs per VSG?

Per the docs each VSG can handle 12 VEMs.

I am understanding this as a single VSG module can service up to 12 VEM’s (Hosts). What if the customer has 13 hosts? Do you have to add another VSG?

I can’t find anything in any documentation on what the impact is of adding multiple VSG’s to a single tenant. How does that affect the 12 VEM per VSG limit?

3 Replies 3

Hi Bro

If I’m not mistaken, 16 virtual networks or tenants are supported in a Cisco VSG. Furthermore, Cisco VSG is offered as a virtual appliance, you can scale its deployment with the vPath architecture and by deploying more Cisco VSG appliances on demand, to cater to increase numbers of virtual networks /tenants.

P/S: if you think this comment is useful, please do rate them nicely :-)

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam

My concern isn't around virtual networks or tenants. It's the individual VSG's capability to handle host VEMs. Per the table below a single VSG can service 12 VEMs. What happens if the customer has vethernet port profiles attached to the vsg that are serviced by 13+ VEMs?

If you've more VEM's than a single VSG can handle, just add more VSGs.

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card