Views
Helpful
Replies

Schedule ASA backups via CSM

tech_trac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there a way to schedule ASA backups via the CSM console.

Regards.

3 Replies 3

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

You can backup and restore the Security Manager database using Common Services. From the Backup page you can schedule immediate, daily, weekly, or monthly automatic backups. This is accessible from the Tools menu by selecting Tools > Backup. For more information, click Help from the Common Services Backup page. Restoration of Security Manager database and data files is supported only by running a script on the command line.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cisco_security_manager/security_manager/3.1/user/guide/adman.html#wp1096292

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

I think what you wanted was a backup of the asa config, not a csm backup right ? Well, unless you make changes in the CLI, csm will always have the most recent config, as all changes are published and saved by csm

Yes. I would like to do backup of ASA configs through CSM application.

How can I view the configuration saved by CSM i.e. through GUI as well as text file on the Windows file system.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card