Views
Helpful
Replies

Security Context Features

2044418Puts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm designing a new network on which several clients of ours can outsource their server systems. I would like to use the Security Context feature of the ASA for this design, so I can seperate the firewall function for each client and give each context a seperate public IP and a private interface connected to the clients VLan.

But I'm not really familiar with the exact features the Security Context supports and which features I'm going to loose when enabling Security Context. For example I would like each context to be able to terminate Remote VPN and Site-to-Site VPN. Is this possible? Is there a list with all the supported features?

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

unfortunately VPN is not supported in multiple context mode.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/contexts.html#wp1035807

Jorge Rodriguez

Will VPN / dynamic routing protocols be supported in the future?

This is a huge feature missing in my opinion...

Armand, agree with you but these features are not supported when using multiple context architecture, whether will it be supported in future developements that would be a question for Cisco .

Bst Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: