I added a new server and created a new static NAT assignment on the ASA 5510 to the server's IP. When I browse to the web to check what public IP it's reporting, it shows the wrong IP. I disabled the network interface on the server, ran "clear xslate", reenabled the network interface, ran "sho xlate" and while the correct translation was in the table, the server still reported the wrong IP address.
I even ran a packet trace and it showed the IP address being correctly translated to the proper public IP, but when I browse to the web I get the same erroneous public IP. Here is the result of sho xlate:
layer-1-firewall# sho xlate
42 in use, 813 most used
Global 10.10.2.0 Local 10.10.2.0
Global x.x.165.72 Local 10.10.1.10 <--erroneous Public IP that it keeps showing
Global x.x.165.70 Local 10.10.2.34
Global x.x.165.68 Local 10.10.1.40
Global x.x.165.76 Local 10.10.1.102
Global x.x.165.75 Local 10.10.1.101
Global x.x.165.74 Local 10.10.1.100
Global x.x.165.77 Local 10.10.2.29
Global x.x.165.78 Local 10.10.2.60
Global x.x.165.80 Local 10.10.30.18
Global x.x.165.73 Local 10.10.2.99
Global x.x.165.79 Local 10.10.2.118
Global x.x.165.82 Local 10.10.2.27
Global x.x.165.83 Local 10.10.2.180
Global x.x.165.84 Local 10.10.2.109
Global x.x.165.86 Local 10.10.2.122
Global x.x.165.67 Local 10.10.2.149
Global x.x.165.91 Local AIS-Firewall
Global x.x.165.89 Local 10.10.2.126
Global x.x.165.71 Local 10.10.2.152
Global x.x.165.87 Local 10.10.2.156 <---Public IP that it's supposed to be showing
clear local-host 10.10.1.10: It will clear the entries attached to the ip address of 10.10.1.10 on the local-host state table so the connections of that host are going to be disconnected.
clear xlate global xx.xx.165.72: Will do the same thing but this on the xlate table.
They are going to clear the connections for that especific IP address so if there is a TCP connection it will be disconnected, you will need to create the connection again and the new entries will be attached to each state table on the ASA.
Hope this explains a little bit of the local and xlate table.
Julio Carvajal Senior Network Security and Core Specialist CCIE #42930, 2xCCNP, JNCIP-SEC
I found the problem. It was a double Natting issue. The 5510 sits in front of a 5520 on the internal network (10.10.1.10) where the server sits. It was being NATTED as 10.10.1.10 and thus got the .72 address. Once I added a static NAT entry on the inside firewall the issue was resolved.
DocumentationCode download linksGoalRequirementLimitationsSupported ISR
and UCS-E ModelSupported ISRG2 and UCS-E Blades:Supported ISR4K and
UCS-E Blades:Step by Step ConfigurationConfigure one of the connectivity
options to access the Cisco IMC from the n...
Firepower Threat Defense (NGFWv) on UCS E-series - Transparent Mode in
HA DocumentationCode download linksGoalRequirementLimitationsSupported
ISR and UCS-E ModelSupported ISRG2 and UCS-E Blades:Supported ISR4K and
UCS-E Blades:Step by Step ConfigurationCo...
Question I am currently unable to specify "crypto keyring" command when
configuring VPN connection on my cisco 2901 router. The following
licenses have been activated on my router :