Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Should Security Plus license change inside hosts number to unlimited

for a cisco asa 5505?    I have the security plus license, which I thought upgraded the "inside" hosts limit from 10 to unlimited, is this correct?

9 Replies 9

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most certainly.

Licensed features for this platform:
Maximum Physical Interfaces  : 8        
VLANs                        : 20, DMZ Unrestricted
Inside Hosts                 : Unlimited ------------------------------------> This is what you are looking for.
Failover                     : Active/Standby
VPN-DES                      : Enabled  
VPN-3DES-AES                 : Enabled  
SSL VPN Peers                : 25       
Total VPN Peers              : 25       
Dual ISPs                    : Enabled  
VLAN Trunk Ports             : 8        
Shared License               : Disabled
AnyConnect for Mobile        : Disabled 
AnyConnect for Linksys phone : Disabled 
AnyConnect Essentials        : Disabled 
Advanced Endpoint Assessment : Enabled  
UC Phone Proxy Sessions      : 2        
Total UC Proxy Sessions      : 2        
Botnet Traffic Filter        : Disabled

This platform has an ASA 5505 Security Plus license.

-Kureli

mine says that the "inside hosts" is still limited to 10 connections.    Should I contact cisco then to see why this is not working properly?

Does "sh ver" show the following in the output?

This platform has an ASA 5505 Security Plus license.

If so, yes you would have to call and open a case with licensing so, they can investigate this further. Otherwise the activation key that you added did not take. You may have to do it again.

-KS

Do you have a link to contact information for Licensing?     I have searched cisco.com and cannot find it.

Pls. call 1-800-553-2447 and open a case. Give them the exact symptoms and ask for the case to be sent to the licensing team.

Alternatively you can e-mail licensing@cisco.com.

-KS

kmccourt
Level 1
Level 1

I'm afraid that it doesn't. You also have to buy a license to upgrade the number of users.

For example, to upgrade a base ASA5505 10 user license to unlimited user Security Plus you need to obtain both a Sec. Plus upgrade (ASA5505-SEC-PL=) and unlimited user upgrade (ASA5505-SW-10-UL).

If you look at the ASA5505 licensing matrix at Table 3.1 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/license.html#wp1306150 you will see that the Security Plus license has 10/50/unlimited concurrent user options.

Message was edited by: kmccourt

What about the upgrade license ASA5505-SW-UL?   It says this is an unlimited user upgrade license.   Would this work as well?    Or do I have to find the one mentioned earlier?   Thank you!

I don't know about that license - any time I have upgraded a base ASA 5505 from 10 to unlimited it has been with ASA5505-SW-10-UL.

I have ordered the one you reccommended.   Thanks a lot!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card