Views
Helpful
Replies

Software for PIX 506E

rautedotnet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i´m quite a newbie to PIX, normally i work with Switches or routers!

I´ve got some CISCO PIX 506E with Version 6.3(5).

Some of them have to be downgraded to the PIX Version 6.3(3) and 6.3(1).
I  already searched the web, and cisco.com but found nothing helpfully.  Could someone help me, where i can download these software-versions and downgrade  my PIX?

thanks in advance!

Barn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please kindly be advised that PIX version 6.3 is already End Of Life as per the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5708/ps5709/ps2030/end_of_life_notice_for_cisco_pix_sec_app_v63.html

To obtain PIX version 6.3.3 and 6.3.1 software, please kindly open a TAC case.

BTW, out of curiosity, why do you need to downgrade to 6.3.3 and 6.3.1 as those were very early release, and 6.3.5 would have more bug fixes than the earlier verison.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please kindly be advised that PIX version 6.3 is already End Of Life as per the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5708/ps5709/ps2030/end_of_life_notice_for_cisco_pix_sec_app_v63.html

To obtain PIX version 6.3.3 and 6.3.1 software, please kindly open a TAC case.

BTW, out of curiosity, why do you need to downgrade to 6.3.3 and 6.3.1 as those were very early release, and 6.3.5 would have more bug fixes than the earlier verison.

Hi,

i have some 506 with 6.3.5, 6.3.3 and 6.3.1 - the config is accepted and approved from our "technical inspection" (inc. cryptochecksum).

As the product is discontinued and we got some "old" PIX´s at stock my boss desided, that we have to configure a "clone" for every PIX.

In case of an error the pix can immediatly be replaced & and we have not to apply the changes from the "technical inspection" !!

However i have to change the systems to new asa equipment with new config ... but we think it will take some time till its accepted and approved !

(sorry my english is poor....)

The configuration would be exactly the same between version 6.3.5 and the previous 2 versions. More than likely you will only find software bugs if you are hitting any technical problems, so downgrading it to earlier version might not have helped.

But if you need the earlier versions, please open a TAC case, and the engineer can publish you the older versions.

many thanks for your help !! 

Cheers, pls kindly mark the post as answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card