cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software version 8.1

s.haszard
Level 1
Level 1

So i've read various rumors on message boards (some from supposed experts) stating that 8.1 will be release for the 5500 series firewalls (I have a 5510).

Is this actually going to happen, and if so does anyone know when?

Cheers

Simon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Simon -

The 5580 with 8.1 supports Netflow for syslog collection of security logs/events. This feature will be available on the other platforms with 8.2.

If you are looking for Netflow Data Export, like what you find in IOS, I do not think the ASA will support this in 8.2.

Does this help clarify this for you?

thxs

peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pcomeaux
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon -

8.1 is a release just for the 5580s, as it is a new hardware platform.

8.2 will be the next release that supports all ASAs, including your 5510.

We will probably see this released in the first few months of 2009.

Is there a specific feature you are looking for?

thxs

peter

Thanks Peter!

Specifically after the netflow monitoring - as the only software that seems to be capapble of doing any real bandwidth and ip monitoring is the Adventnet Firewall software - at $4k per year!

Alternatively, is there any other software that can do this :)

Hi Simon -

The 5580 with 8.1 supports Netflow for syslog collection of security logs/events. This feature will be available on the other platforms with 8.2.

If you are looking for Netflow Data Export, like what you find in IOS, I do not think the ASA will support this in 8.2.

Does this help clarify this for you?

thxs

peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card