Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Split tunnel vpn and access rule

A remote site has easy vpn enabled on its firewall connected to the main site, currently all traffic is routed from the remote site to the main site. How can I only route a certain subnet from a remote site to the main site and all other traffic goes straight out from that remote site? I do not want to break the connection of the other remote site easy vpn connections. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't think you can have a single Easy VPN headend with some remote sites tunneling all and others split tunneling.  That's kind of against the concept of it being "easy" (i.e. very standardized and automatically setup).

If you want the one site to be split tunnel, you can use a standard IPsec VPN and match interesting traffic according to a crypto map and access-list specific to that site.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using IOS router as the Easy VPN server? In such a setup, the split tunneling for the clients (e.g. your remote site) is pushed by use of an ACL on the headend.

There an example here that shows such a setup. (It's acl 150 under the "crypto isakmp client configuration group branch" section of the primary Cisco Easy VPN Server configuration.

No, the easy vpn server is an ASA. Is there an option on that config to specify what remote site traffic not to tunnel, instead of using the tunnelall command?

I have many remote sites connected to the easy vpn server using "tunnelall" but want to make a change on a remote site to have a certain network not to be tunneled for that remote site and do not want to interrupt the other connected sites. I'm using CWS.

I don't think you can have a single Easy VPN headend with some remote sites tunneling all and others split tunneling.  That's kind of against the concept of it being "easy" (i.e. very standardized and automatically setup).

If you want the one site to be split tunnel, you can use a standard IPsec VPN and match interesting traffic according to a crypto map and access-list specific to that site.

so then how would I enable all remote easy vpn site to only tunnel one subnet each and all other traffic out? Is it possible?

Standard IPsec if more my forte but I suppose if the acl setup on the headend included all of the subnet pairs you want to/from the remote sites it should work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card