cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH - RSA fingerprint

ctctech
Level 1
Level 1

When I make a ssh connection (5510, pix 7) PuTTY gives a security alert to confirm the pix rsa key fingerprint. Is there a way to see the fingerprint of the pix generated rsa key?

4 Replies 4

JBDanford2002
Level 1
Level 1

sh cry key mypubkey rsa will show you the public key. The fingerprint should be displayed when you first connect via putty. Did the ssh key recently change?

I would like to know if the fingerprint shown by PuTTY matches the pix public key fingerprint.

I dont know of any way other than to zeroize the rsa key, generate a new key and document the fingerprint when you reconnect.

Yes, the need to document the SSH fingerprints after install have been a bit of a pain for quite some time.

Dont know how popular external links are in this forum, but Didier Stevens seem to have solved this

problem for us, and even provided a Python script for it:

http://blog.didierstevens.com/2012/01/01/calculating-a-ssh-fingerprint-from-a-cisco-public-key/

Regards,

Jan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: