Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)

SSH - RSA fingerprint

When I make a ssh connection (5510, pix 7) PuTTY gives a security alert to confirm the pix rsa key fingerprint. Is there a way to see the fingerprint of the pix generated rsa key?

4 REPLIES

Re: SSH - RSA fingerprint

sh cry key mypubkey rsa will show you the public key. The fingerprint should be displayed when you first connect via putty. Did the ssh key recently change?

I would like to know if the fingerprint shown by PuTTY matches the pix public key fingerprint.

I dont know of any way other than to zeroize the rsa key, generate a new key and document the fingerprint when you reconnect.

SSH - RSA fingerprint

Yes, the need to document the SSH fingerprints after install have been a bit of a pain for quite some time.

Dont know how popular external links are in this forum, but Didier Stevens seem to have solved this

problem for us, and even provided a Python script for it:

http://blog.didierstevens.com/2012/01/01/calculating-a-ssh-fingerprint-from-a-cisco-public-key/

Regards,

Jan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content