cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN

HMidkiff
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup SSL VPN on my ASA5520.  For now I am only going to use the 2 licenses which come standard.  Part of the setup is you need to install a certificate.  I thought I could just use a self signing certificate from the ASA.  Kind of like when you generate the SSL cert via the “crypto key generate rsa” command.   There does not seem to be a way to do this.  Can I do a self signing certificate or do I have to get a third party one?

1 Reply 1

jimmy.tran
Level 1
Level 1

A self-signed certificate will prompt a warning message to your users when they browse to the website since the certificate was issued by an unknow sourced, As long as your users don't mind the annoying message, it will work just fine.

On the other hand, a 3rd party issued certificate will eliminate this warning message but then you will have to pay for it (GoDaddy is my favorite.)

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00808efbd2.shtml#step1

Cheers,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card