Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

static nat

Is there a way to map 2 different inside addresses to a common outside address via a static nat command. Other firewalls I have worked with, particularly Netscreen, allows me to create two mapped addresses to the same host. I am trying to achieve same on the ASA but receive error about the duplication.

1 REPLY

Re: static nat

Im not aware that you can map two or more inside hosts addresses to a single global address in ASA via static nat for outbound connections. You can map 2 or more global IP addresses to a single inside host via policy-based nat for inbound connections. Are you sure that this is what you are trying to accomplish? perhaps you meant 2 global IPs mapped to single inside host to allow inbound connections to same host inside using 2 global IPs? if your post is correct then it is not possible to map single global IP to two different inside addresses through static nat.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content