Views
Helpful
Replies

Static Route entry in asa 5505

007goldfinger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I have pre configured a asa 5505 for internet and the problem I am having is when I run show route command my static route statement is missing from screen, even though when I run show conf I can see my default route in the asa configuration. I have deleted and readded the route entry and still no show. Am I missing something? Software version is 7.2(3) and this is brand new asa

If any body seen this problem please let me know, this is holding up the roll out.

Thanks.

18 Replies 18

I think your outside interface is down.

show the output

sh int vlan 2

sh int e0/0

your outside interface is missing. check and make sure the outside interface is active, if not your static routes will not appear.

also why are u using vlan interfaces? is this a requirments?

Hi:

Here is silly question, does the static route only show when it is connected to the wna port?

What do you mean using vlan interfaces, this is the default config which I started using?

Thanks.

you can see your static route in the output of "sh route" command when one of the ports, associated with outside vlan is active "up".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card