Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

syslogs with from VoIP traffic

Hello,

We have a CUBE Router 3845 and a Callmanager doing SIP with a ASA 5520 inbetween.

On the ASA, I keep seeing large amount of syslogs regarding invalid UDP fields (See attached screenshot) occur in bursts at a very fast rate.

Is this due to a problem or normal? We ar enot experiencing any VoIP issues other than a bug with SIP inspection. Basically SIP inspection wasn't doing it's job so I have to manually enter rules and NAT statements in to help the traffic from the CUBE router to the call manager.

In the PIC, I scrubbed out addresses, but the source IP is always the CUBE router and destination is the Call Manager.

Thanks

Dave

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: syslogs with from VoIP traffic

The syslog messages are generated on the ASA firewall because the destination port for your UDP traffic is 0 which is not normal:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/system/message/logmsgs.html#wp4773952

You might want to check why CUBE router is sending traffic towards the Call Manager using UDP port 0.

Hope that helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content