Helpful
Replies

Tcp Connection timeout on ASA for vpn traffic

engineer467
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I need an answer please.

I wanted to give tcp conenction timeout as unlimited for some IPs coming through VPN.

So, I created an access-list defining the traffic for which I want this tcp timeout.

Then a class map, policy map, entered set timeout to '0'

Applied it under default service-policy, which is applied as global (by default).

My doubt is should I apply the service policy on the interface or the global will work.

Just a silly doubt

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I think it should work just fine if you attach it to the default "policy-map" configuration that you have attached globally on the ASA.

You might want to configure the timeout value as something long rather than setting it as unlimited.

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I think it should work just fine if you attach it to the default "policy-map" configuration that you have attached globally on the ASA.

You might want to configure the timeout value as something long rather than setting it as unlimited.

- Jouni

Yes Jouni, its attached under the default policy-map. And as you have suggested, I have changed the timeout value to few hours.

Thank You again

Abhishek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: