Views
Helpful
Replies

Telnet timeout

Mehdi Talei
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have the servers inside our network that the employees can Telnet on. The session never time out.

We have a regional office from where the employees Telnet on the same servers but they have a timeout after 10 minutes idle time.

All the network devices are Cisco. The regional office is connected to headoffice via a VPN connection. The VPN is terminated on my Cisco Firewall.

Would somebody have any idea what the problem can be?

I am wondering if I have to change any configuration on my Cisco routers or switch or even firewall!!! but I do not know what it is!!!

Thanks,

Mehdi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Laden
Level 4
Level 4

the firewall (assuming ASA) will typically have an idle connection timeout. The default is an hour whereas you are reporting 10 minutes.

timeout conn 1:00:00 half-closed 0:10:00 udp 0:02:00 icmp 0:00:02

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Daniel Laden
Level 4
Level 4

the firewall (assuming ASA) will typically have an idle connection timeout. The default is an hour whereas you are reporting 10 minutes.

timeout conn 1:00:00 half-closed 0:10:00 udp 0:02:00 icmp 0:00:02

Thanks for your help. Thats fixed the issue.

The connection on that server was a half-closed and of course 10 minutes make sense!

I increased it to 1 hour and it worked very good.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: