Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP error

hugochengym
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I got the error below when processing tftp, can you tell me how to resolve it?

asa# copy tftp: run

Address or name of remote host [10.10.10.10]?

Source filename [running-config]? running-config

Destination filename [running-config]?

Accessing tftp://10.10.10.10/running-config...!!!

!!!

Command Ignored, configuration in progress...

Hugo

5 Replies 5

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Hugo,

What is the version of ASA that you are using??

What heppens when you do "show run" and "wr mem" , does it give same error???

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Hi

I am using ASA 5505 nd no error found for "show run" and "wr mem".

Hugo

Hi,

Only times I've run into similiar situations is when multiple people are configuring the same device at the same time.

Though something tells me that aint the case in this situation.

First thing that comes in to mind is some bug perhaps? But to rule that out would need to know the software you are running.

In what kind of use is the ASA a the moment? Is there alot of users behind the ASA? I'm just thinking that if a reboot of the ASA would help in this situation.

I also wonder if the filename has anything to do with this. Have you made some changes recently since you are trying to copy file from a TFTP server and the file name is indeed "running-config"

I guess you could try saving the currect configuration to the TFTP server with a new file name. Then try copying that file from the server to your ASA

Those are the things that came to my mind but I have to say I can't say for sure whats causing your problem/error message.

- Jouni

Hi,

What is the software version you are running on the ASA?

It could be due to the bug CSCtu36234.

Here config change via tftp fails if there are two or more ssh sessions in progress and trying to change the configuration.

Thanks,

Shilpa

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.4(1)

Device Manager Version 6.4(1)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: