cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP port number not 69

hanwucisco
Level 1
Level 1

we have a pair of ASA that are on the Zone1(x.x.33.100), and we have TFTP server(x.x.223.108) on the Inside Zone. Zones are seperated by a Checkpoint FW. When I generate a tftp traffic to copy running config to the tftp server from the ASAs, the Checkpoint show a redam port number like 33442 somthing, instead a UDP 69.

Can any of you tell me why it is not 69? The configuration on the ASAs regarding for the traffic are default.

thanks,

Han

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TFTP uses a dynamic DATA-port, similar to FTP. Thats what this additional port should be in the Checkpoint-Log. If that traffic is denied, you have to enable TFTP-Inspection on the CheckPoint.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

hanwucisco
Level 1
Level 1

Just add a pic of the traffic on the checkpoint,

TFTP uses a dynamic DATA-port, similar to FTP. Thats what this additional port should be in the Checkpoint-Log. If that traffic is denied, you have to enable TFTP-Inspection on the CheckPoint.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Karsten,

Our Checkpoint guy told me that the Inspection is enabled and this traffic is a "new initiation", meaning it is started to reach port 33442, instead of 69.

any idea?

thanks,

Han

more ideas ...

1) is there a connection on UDP/69 directly before this UDP/33442 traffic is seen on the Checkpoint?

2) Look at your ASA log to see which traffic relates to your tftp-process to corelate that with the ChackPoint-Log.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Karsten,

No UDP/69 seen. The ASA logs look strange to me. I dont find any traffic in the log to destination of the TFTP server and there are a lot message as following,

%ASA-5-305013: Asymmetric NAT rules matched for forward and reverse 
flows; Connection protocol src interface_name:source_address/source_port [(idfw_user)] dst interface_name:dst_address/dst_port [(idfw_user)] denied due to 
NAT reverse path failure.

thanks,

Han

The reason is that someone had a typo on the ACL and we corrected. As to why this typo can make that kind of symtom, i have got myself understood yet.

but thanks,

Han

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card