Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Traffic rate for VPN traffic on Cisco PIX 535

I have site-to-site VPNs setup on my Cisco PIX.

I'd like to know how much of my overall traffic going out the "outside" interface is destined for the site-to-site VPNs.

How can I monitor that information?

2 REPLIES

Re: Traffic rate for VPN traffic on Cisco PIX 535

Gilbert, you posted a good question.. one that would like to do myself as well, I normally monitor PIX outside interface off our external switch using PRTG but this is just overall port utilization but nothing to brake down what type of traffic is mostly used.

You can try monitoring Ipsec L2l traffic by graphing it through PDM 6.x or ASDM if you have 7.x and get an overall tunel or tunels utilization graphs but eventually you may need to do some basic math by comparing average outside interface utilization and comparing L2L tunnels graphs traffic utilization.

When you load PDM or ASDM there should be a monitoring tab , go there and you will see the types of graphs you may use yo collect data from, IPsec Tunnels is one of them.

HTH

Jorge

Re: Traffic rate for VPN traffic on Cisco PIX 535

I was able to pull up the graphs but I'm not sure what the scale means. i.e. on the left side, I see values ranging from 5 going up to 10. But what is that?

on the bottom it's self explanatory (time)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content