cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic Redirection tab not visible in PRSM single device mode

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I am using a 5515-X in single device mode.  Software is  version 9.2.1.2-69.

I noticed a couple things that I am not sure are a problem or not.  When I go to the configuration overview tab PRSM shows mode of the ASA CX as "unknown".  Also the User Guide says I should see a "traffic redirection" tab under configuration policies/settings but I don't see that.

I guess I can configure traffic redirection with ASDM but just wondering if this is normal, or cosmetic bug or something else?

Thanks,

Diego

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you're running single device mode (on-box PRSM) you cannot manage the ASA configuration like you can with the off-box PRSM. Note this section of the user guide which states:

"Traffic Redirection—(ASA, Multiple Device mode only.) Configure traffic redirection from the ASA to its CX module."

View solution in original post

I'd say it's cosmetic.

I don't have an multiple device mode PRSM to compare but the single device mode one I'm looking at also shows "unknown".

I believe in multiple device mode this would indicate either "managed" or "monitor only". 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you're running single device mode (on-box PRSM) you cannot manage the ASA configuration like you can with the off-box PRSM. Note this section of the user guide which states:

"Traffic Redirection—(ASA, Multiple Device mode only.) Configure traffic redirection from the ASA to its CX module."

Yes, seems like that is exactly the case for the "traffic redirection" tab.  what about the "unknown" for the mode in the overview screen?  Cosmetic or sign of something wrong?

Thanks,

Diego

I'd say it's cosmetic.

I don't have an multiple device mode PRSM to compare but the single device mode one I'm looking at also shows "unknown".

I believe in multiple device mode this would indicate either "managed" or "monitor only". 

Cool.  Thx

Hi Marvin,

Information provided in very crisp and simple manner. Keep the good work going. I will be converting this discussion to a document. Link of the same will be posted.

Regards,

Anim Saxena

Community Manager - Security

Thanks for the encouragement, Anim.

BR,

- Marvin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card