cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transitioning from an ASA 8.3(1) to ASA 9.1(1)

gustavo-suarez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Security Community,

I come to you for your help in understanding the code differences between ASA 8.3(1) and 9.1(1) code. We are moving from the 5520 ASA's to our new 5515-X ASA's. One of our sites is running ASA 8.3(1) (which I know is old!). To ensure that no changes are performed from our current production ASA's to our new ASA's I am using the ASDM to perform a back up of the ASA at code 8.3(1) and restore it into our new ASA's 5515-X. I understand that I need to update our current ASA's to code 9.x (8.3 > 8.4 > 9.1) in order to restore its configuration in our new ASA's, but, for my understanding, I noticed during my research that there were many changes from code 8.3 to 9.5. My thought is to update the current ASA to code 9.1(1) in order to perform a backup that I can use in our new ASA's. Initially I was going line by line through the CLI and notice that in code 9.5(2), the subcommand "policy" within the "crypto isakmp" command does not exist. My options are as follows...

ASA(config)# crypto isakmp ?

configure mode commands/options:
  disconnect-notify  Enable disconnect notification to peers
  identity                  Set identity type (address, hostname or key-id)
  nat-traversal         Enable and configure nat-traversal
  reload-wait           Wait for voluntary termination of existing connections
                               before reboot

My question is, to what this command converted to? What would be the correct interpretation of the "crypto isakmp policy" command in the new 9.5(2) code?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

2 Replies 2

It has been changed to "crypto ikev1 policy".  this is because now we need to define whether it is ikev1 or ikev2.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Thank you Marius.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card