cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transparent mode and web server

opsmaster
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing a ASA 5510 in transparent mode, it's behind a cisco 3745 router that has NAT translation in the configs.

After I set up the ASA 5510, I created access lists for web server access. All traffic inside passes thru fine however, when an outside user tries to access the web site, the page connection will not load.

Do I have to set a NAT rule for outside access? If not what other suggestions does anyone have.

38 Replies 38

These are the IPs we are concerned with correct?

172.21.0.75 & 172.21.9.172

No, these are not. I have been playing with the issue. The routing issue is in the asa. When removed from the network all traffic moves easily. With the ASA in line, traffic from remote subnets can go out to the web but not to the 172.21.0.0 network for email or file sharing. However I can ping computers in that subnet, but not traceroute.

I allowed eigrp to go thru the ASA, but I wonder if the commands are correct.

What commands should be used to allow eigrp to pass from 172.21.0.1 to 172.21.0.7 and vice versa?

You need to allow it with an extended access-list-

access-list Outside_WWW

extended permit eigrp host 1.1.1.1 host 2.2.2.2

A helpful link as well-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a008089f467.shtml

I have those configs in the ASA.

That one glitch is all that the problem is and I cannot figure it out.

Have to try again.

I resolved the issue. It was a matter of changing the servers gateway to the router handling the internal subnets.

Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear it's all working.

I have some interesting info, first,

I did a traceroute to the computers that cannot access the web server and traceroute reached the computer. Also, I tested the website access on PC's in remote building and it worked. It seems to affect the macs that are on the remote subnets.

Still poking around.

More interesting info, after I do a traceroute from the server to the machine that fails to connect, the computer can then access the mail server and website.

I tested that on 2 computers and they succeeded.

Any suggestions on how to eliminate this would be great.

The VPN access list is for VPN Server.

The WWW access list is for the WWW and Mail server. They are 2 different servers on a NAT scheme.

I need to apply the Access-list for WWW to the outside interface for HTTP traffic to our web server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card