Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble Accessing PIX 515e

smbtest12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I was recently re-configuring our PIX 515e, and upon reload, i am now unable to access the PIX, neither through the ASDM nor through Hyperterminal/Telnet

I know what the IP address if the internal interface is, but it isnt responding. Is there a way of hard-reboot to original configuration ? or is there another way in ?

Your response is very much appreciated.

Regards, Ali

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ali,

The default ip is 192.168.1.1 only if you have configured the PIX with configure factory-default settings in config mode.

Try using different console cable if you do have another one or test that cable connecting to another cisco device, or use a different machine console COM1 port, or check which COM port the laptop realy uses, either or try narrowing down by rulling out all physical cabling COM port issues.

The regular settings on HT and PIX is Baud 9600, Data 8, parity none, stop bits 1, flow control hardware.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi, you need to try local console again through hyperterminal if you have done so, double check proper baud rate setting at 9600 that is the only way you can see what is going on when pix starts, there is no other way in other than local console connection if you do not get responce from inside interface IP.

Other things to check if you have the pix inside interface connected to a switch make sure switchport is set on the right vlan and that your PC or laptop you are using to telnet to pix is also on that vlan, if this is checked ok it is possible the pix lost config or config was not saved , other than this console connection is the way in.

Post the progress to continue helping.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi Jorge

thanks for your response. I tried it again through HT in console mode, but no luck. I am going to give it another shot tomorrow and get back to you.

BTW, what is the default internal interface ip address ? is it 192.168.1.1 ?

thanks

Ali

Hi Ali,

The default ip is 192.168.1.1 only if you have configured the PIX with configure factory-default settings in config mode.

Try using different console cable if you do have another one or test that cable connecting to another cisco device, or use a different machine console COM1 port, or check which COM port the laptop realy uses, either or try narrowing down by rulling out all physical cabling COM port issues.

The regular settings on HT and PIX is Baud 9600, Data 8, parity none, stop bits 1, flow control hardware.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks Jorge and sorry for the late response.

I managed to get the firewall running through HT. I had to change the cable.

thanks for your help, i will rate this conversation, perhaps if we can close it for now and if there are further issues will raise them accordingly.

Regards, Ali

Ali, glad it is resolved and thank your for the rating.. if any issues let us know to help out.

Bst Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card