Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

TWO ASA WITH TWO ISP

Hi ,

We are planning to implement one ISP on Active ASA and second ISP on stanby ASA. Can you please help us how can we achive this topology without any router in between that .

I had just go with ASA failover doc but in that case two isp terminated on router and then goes to ASA . In my case ISP link will directly terminated on each ASA .

Please suggest with some example.

Thanks

3 REPLIES

TWO ASA WITH TWO ISP

Hello,

The thing is that both firewalls needs to sit behind the same subnet so the failover can be 100 % successful ( all the interfaces being monitored on the right way) as you said you will need a router and then do PBR on SLA on the router.

Concerning to the ASA I do not see a way to make this work on an active/standby failover as they need to be on the right same subnet.

Regards,

Julio

Looking for some Networking Assistance? Contact me directly at jcarvaja@laguiadelnetworking.com I will fix your problem ASAP. Cheers, Julio Carvajal Segura http://laguiadelnetworking.com

TWO ASA WITH TWO ISP

What do you need to do with these two ISP's? Failover can happen on link that connects the ASA's together which will be on the same subnet.

Views
Helpful
Replies